Infrastructure Investment Group
Our firm’s Infrastructure Investment Group is an opportunistic principal investing vehicle of the firm and manages the family of infrastructure funds under the firm’s umbrella. These funds are the primary vehicles through which direct investments in infrastructure and infrastructure related assets and companies are made on behalf of the firm and it’s investors. Private investment in public infrastructure is a proven model in the U.K., Europe and Asia and has also begun to be used in the U.S. and Canada. Our infrastructure investment team is committed to developing true partnerships with both public and private operators of infrastructure assets. Our aim is to bring the much needed private capital and innovation to the delivery of public infrastructure, while maintaining effective government oversight and input in the jurisdictions where we operate. In the private sector the ability to be a financial partner alongside well recognised operational partners of infrastructure assets is the preferred approach for our investments. Private investment through our funds will aim to offer both Sovereign and Municipal governments another alternative to helping meet their funding and operating demands, beyond the traditional means of raising funding through tax increases and capital markets issuances.
Typical Investment Focus:
- The Group’s principal infrastructure investment activities include all classical but also on occasion “non-traditional” infrastructure sectors can also be considered by our investment professionals.
- Our Group is a global principal investor, on mid-sized and larger investment opportunities in mostly developed markets with established legal, political and regulatory frameworks, as well as emerged economies with similar profiles.
- The Group’s management team benefit from experience in private equity infrastructure and real estate as a proprietary investor and separately benefit from their strong position as innovators and leaders in the financing of real infrastructure assets. It is primarily on “real” infrastructure assets where the group’s efforts will be focused, but the team will also aim to manage direct investments in infrastructure related assets and companies.
- The Group’s inaugural infrastructure fund is a cross-sector fund looking to capitalise on intrinsic infrastructure asset value through recent capital market dislocation, but long term the fund will aim to invest in attractive income generating opportunities during times of stability. The inaugural fund aims at an expected target size of US $1bln or greater focusing primarily on projects in Western Europe but will also consider attractive opportunities in other developed markets globally. The fund may have several closes prior to achieving the expected target size.
- Toll Roads, Bridges and Tunnels
- High Speed Rail, Mass Transit, and Light Rail Systems
- Airports, Aircraft and Aviation Services
- Sea and Marine Ports, Marinas, and Waterways
- Water and Wastewater Treatment and Distribution Facilities
- Telecommunications Infrastructure
- Renewable and Non-Renewable Energy Related Infrastructure
- Assets and Installations of Public Convenience and Necessity (i.e. parking facilities, stadiums, hospitals, schools and correctional facilities)