Private Equity Investment Group
Our firm’s Private Equity Investment Group provides liquidity and equity capital solutions to the firm’s leading Financial Sponsor and Corporate clients. The group invests in portfolio companies, private equity funds, and co-invests in direct investments. The group also invests across a range of investment disciplines including buyout, growth capital, and leveraged finance. Our investment team employs a well disciplined and conservative investment approach and exercises intensive due diligence, seeks purchase prices that are lower than average multiples, and focuses on the industries we know best.
Typical industries we look at include:
- Automotive & Transport
- Consumer & Retail
- Energy & Power
- Financial Services
- Information Tech & Business Services
- Real Estate
- Telecom & Media
Our team specializes in non-control investments, both as a source of growth equity for corporations and as an investor in financial sponsor-led private equity transactions. PEIG’s strategy is to make direct private equity investments in companies with attractive business prospects. Typically, we partner with best-in-class private equity firms in leveraged buyouts (large cap and middle market) and also seek out investment opportunities in growth equity, secondary minority stakes, and interim equity commitments.
Our investment professionals many of whom have previously been investment banking and capital markets professionals are based in London and are experienced principal investors who offer expertise and speed in structuring and executing complex transactions. We can move quickly to provide capital commitments for the deals we look to invest in either directly or as a co-investor. Furthermore, we are a flexible financial partner and can be both an active or passive investor, as necessary. As a result of investing our own proprietary capital along-side our Limited Partners, we are patient investors and indeed share in both the risks and rewards of the investments we enter.
Typical Investment Focus:
- Individual Investment target size ranging from $50 million (median deal size) to $500 million
- The Group aims to invest across a broad range of industries in the Americas, Europe and Asia
- Typical investment opportunities provide value-enhancement or value-creation potential over three to seven year investment horizons.
- Targeting investment returns of 2x to 3x invested cost
- Co-investment partner with corporate clients and sponsors in control deals
- Primarily the group focuses on opportunities in Western Europe, but our experts constantly scan for interesting investment opportunities Asia, Europe, Mid-East, and the Americas
Our team are generalists in their industry approach with primary emphasis on telecom, media, resources, IT, healthcare, consumer, and retail industries. Proprietary access to our firm’s deal flow, industry expertise, and networks allows for rigorous due diligence and post-transaction value enhancement
- Capable of structuring innovative deals and maximizing exit value through the investment banking and structure and experience of our Partners and Principals
- Experienced team with diverse and complementary skills and networks
- Global sourcing relationships for financing and placement
- Provide extensive due diligence to concerned parties
- Create bespoke innovative solutions for specialist financing
- Provide a commitment to client service through an experienced team